Friday, October 23, 2015

Olin's Mid Unit Post

For my Unit 3 Project, I will be discussing how I fit in a demographic group: cancer survivors. I am proud to say they that I am a cancer survivor. Cancer survivors are strong minded, and determined, and humbled by their past experiences.  Some cancer survivors are afraid to tell their stories because they are afraid of being judged by other people. We have a point to be afraid to tell our story. Survivors face judgements such as being weak, disabled, and unable to move on with their life, but merely surviving makes a person psychologically and physically stronger than the average person could ever imagine. Based on my research and personal experience, cancer survivors have many unique characteristics that the average person would not understand. In this paper, I will discuss the characteristics of a cancer survivor, discuss my own battle with cancer, and tie it in with what society thinks our weaknesses. This topic is near and ear to my heart, so expect an emotional auto ethnography.

No comments:

Post a Comment